Tuesday, October 09, 2012

17


I just turned 17 a few weeks ago, and... whoa. That day was finally came.
Last night I found a photo album which contains pictures when I celebrated my 1st and 2nd birthdays. My eyes were teary, a bit, cz that time I had both granddad and grandmom celebrating it with me. And now, when I need them the most to help me make decisions in my life, they're no longer here with me. Missing you both, so badly:'-)
A lot of times I asked to myself "what's the benefits of being 17?"
Get driving license and identity card?
The time when aaaall Taylor Swift's songs seem really into you? hahaha nope, kidding.
This is the time I should keep myself busy with University preparation--the final examination first. And spending my last year in high school. What a pretty rough three years. Spending it with some brainless annoying kids, ridiculous geeks, and nice schoolmates, too.
The age 17... such a wake up-call, that I should open my eyes seeing around. Choosing which is good, which is bad. I started slowly to walk to 18. Not an adult, yet, but not a kid anymore. I know my world won't always goes the way I want, and I should deal with whatever it throws at me. The universe may show its ugliness already.


Well, it was Saturday, September 15, one morning at school when everybody just done with (stupid) aerobic. I ate my breakfast in the classroom alone cz I didn't know where my friends were. Then, they came with two big crocodile shaped breads, and a bunch of chocolates upon it. We sang a happy birthday song and ate them together. It was the craziest birthday cake I ever got in my entire life! Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu, especially for my dearest duo gossip partners Diah and Resti!


Then I came home and mom was putting a birthday cake with "17" candles on it on the table in guest room. I was soooooo glad. I blew the candles and made wishes, and praying with my family. For a healthy life for me, a bright way ahead, and may Allah will always here beside me.


In the evening, I invited a couple schoolmates to house to having some dinner together--a little celebrate. And I got another birthday cake, a basketball-shaped birthday cake, and my name on it.


At 9pm, my dearest Platsm came and they brought me a sweetest birthday cake. It was a cheese cake with strawberries on it, and my name too!


So for me, being 17 is a bunch of birthday cakes. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment