Sunday, September 07, 2014

Last Week of Holiday

I'm sitting in front of my laptop right now, groaning, that the first day of third semester starts tomorrow. And even worse, I get three classes a row. On the first day! heck―definitely will stop by to a mini market nearby and buy some chocolate bars to bring the mood back after that. But in the other side, I have to work my ass off in this semester. My GPA for the 2nd semester was disappointing. I got some Bs for some classes that I thought I've done them well. Well, all you can do is keep guessing how exactly lecturers scoring you out anyway. They could seem really nice but end up giving you B, I told you. (And ironically, my mom is a lecturer in agriculture faculty. Oh, snap.)


At least my last week of holiday went great.




I went to Malaysia and Singapore with my classmates, it was the ten of us, and also our lecturers. This city I'm living in is in the same island with a part of Malaysia. You can go to Kuching in 8 hours by bus from here. So, Kuching was our first destination. We stayed only for one night in Kuching, in a very nice hotel. I don't know about the other rooms, but the room I got with my two friends was great! It has balcony that leads you to the riverside, so you can see sunset and sunrise from there. And, I don't know is it right or not, they said this hotel is considered cheap for such services (the very nice room, the bathroom, everything). If  had a chance to go to Kuching sooner or later, I would definitely stay in there, in that room I got. Sadly, it was only for one night. We arrived at the hotel at 10am, dropped our belongings, and strolled around Kuching until night.






Tomorrow morning we rushed to the airport, took a flight to Senai. From Senai we went to Johor and stayed in a small lodge in there. Can't describe much about the lodge, our hotel in Kuching is much much better (but their bathroom was nice, I gave 7 out of 10). Then we went to Singapore from Johor by bus. I can't imagine if I stayed in Johor, I would go to Singapore every weekend! But before we reach Singapore, we stopped by in Putrajaya, to a super big mosque that I didn't even remember the name I guess I already gone looking for food while my lecturer explained about it. We arrived at Singapore at 2pm and we were going around in such a rush, really. We went back to Johor at 11pm. Such a short time, I will definitely be back to Singapore later.





The next and the last destination was Kuala Lumpur. We stayed in Kuala Lumpur for four days. But I can't give any comment about the hotel we stayed in. I wish the travel could find any better hotel. So ironic, we stayed the longest in Kuala Lumpur but got the worst hotel to stay among all the hotel and lodge we've been stayed in that trip. If you love to shopping so much, I recommend you Sungei Wang Plaza. It was really big, so big until I came out buying nothing. I'm a bad shopper, I gotta admit. I was so confused of what to buy and my friend ended up buying all the stuff I was going to buy but too much consideration then I put them back.




I love strolling around Kuala Lumpur at night by walk. The tour guide dropped us back to hotel around 9 or 10pm, then we got free time. I spent mostly our free time strolling around looking for Burger King or McD or KFC, because one thing I hate about Kuala Lumpur: so many Indian foods. I can't keep eating curry or anything related, it doesn't feel good in my tummy. The best food I ate in Kuala Lumpur was sushi I bought at Sungei Wang Plaza. I really looking forward to go to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur again later, especially Singapore. 9 hours was definitely such a short time to be spent in there. The trip was great, I never been to Singapore before, and the last time I went to Malaysia is when I was three.



I still long for beach. Really.

all pictures taken with iPod 5, edited with vsco, mostly preset LV1.

No comments:

Post a Comment